Sunday 12 April 2020

Lockdown 2020

Life came to a sudden stand still in March and April. There is a virus called COVID-19 which is very contagious. It was decided that the safest place for everyone was in their own homes.

It was very tough for me at first, because the 1st Dargaville Scout den is a place of activity. I was enjoying spending my week lying around being entertained by the fabulous Kea's. Their leaders, Whio and Weka do a marvellous job - too energetic for me. And then the Cubs would bounce in with their leaders, Raksha and Kaa. They look very smart in their uniforms. I did try to make sure my hat was straight for parade.

The scout section was right up my alley. Master Chef Mystery Box cook challenge. I LOVE scouts! Macaroni cheese and apple crumble with custard. Best food ever!

And then LOCKDOWN! No, no, no, no. I was left all alone in an empty den. I did manage to catch up on my sleep in peace and quiet. But I was getting a bit lonely. Fortunately, the kind Group Leader rescued me just in time and now I am able to join in the digital world of scouting from home. I get to see all my friends, and do some very cool things.

No comments:

Post a Comment